Marketing Communication - Public Relations Specialist (Event Management Software)
San Mateo, CA
Jolly is a silicon valley based software company with more than 20,000 global customers, including many Fortune 500 companies and world renowned organizations.
We are seeking a Junior Public Relations Manager to nurture a strong industry network, increase brand awareness and develop an enviable corporate image by developing and executing effective communication and media relations programs.
This is a unique chance to get in on the ground floor of a rapidly-expanding software company, focusing your energetic and outgoing personality on finding the ideal solutions for each of our future customers.
- Develop and maintain media contact lists and authoritative websites, coordinate all public relations activities
- Conduct industry and competitive research
- Social media activities, with the focus on LinkedIn
- Manage media inquiries
- Craft and pitch compelling story ideas to media; develop industry-specific media relationships and serve as a media resource
- Draft PR and marketing materials including press releases, media alerts, newsletters and any other writing
- Research, develop and execute editorial calendars for social, blog and other communications channels
- Determine key messages and make sure all content produced by other team members are in line with them
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a monthly basis
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis
- Build relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
- Actively learn and seek out technologies that enhance our service, and increase performance in managing and measuring PR and social media campaigns
- Attend and actively participate in team meetings and brainstorming sessions
- Monitor and share relevant/timely industry-related news
- Provide Marketing Manager and CEO weekly report on all previous and upcoming activities
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Solid experience with social media including blogs, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc. and basic knowledge in SEO
- Highly proactive personality, easily able to network with potential customers of all levels
- Ability to learn quickly and pick up new concepts
- Solid balance of operational and creative skill sets; right side/left side of brain thinker, combining creative and business skills
- Excellent attention to detail while simultaneously capable of seeing the whole picture
- Event management experience a plus
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or a related discipline
- Proven working experience in public relations a plus
A multi-skilled and multi-talented person who is seeking a position in a rapid growth early stage environment to demonstrate one's capabilities in managing multiple marketing projects and play significant role in increasing overall demand and climb up the ladders as organization grows.
- Reply with your resume including education details in PDF or Word format to jobs.2015 (at) jollytech.com with the subject “JOL-MKPR-CA-020817”
- Include your desired salary - Include 3-5 bulleted points listing your top strengths and top measurable achievements (please be concise)